Hello everybody, it’s O’Neill, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken chimichanga. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Chimichanga is one of the most well liked of recent viral meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Chicken Chimichanga is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken chimichanga using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Chimichanga:
- Make ready 4 Large tortillas
- Take 1 tbsp oil
- Get 1 egg
- Make ready 1 Sour cream, guacomole, salsa to garnish - optional
- Take For the stuffing
- Take 1 large onion chopped
- Get 1/4 cup diced peppers
- Prepare 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Prepare 300 grams boneless skinless chicken breast, cut and diced
- Make ready 1 Freshly ground black peppers and cayenne pepper to taste
- Make ready 1 A pinch of dried mexican oregano
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- Get 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese or Pepper jack cheese
- Prepare 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Get 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare 1 Chilli powder or hot smoked paprika or chipotle to taste
Steps to make Chicken Chimichanga:
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the diced onions, sliced peppers and mushrooms. Give it a good pinch of salt, which helps them cook fast.
- Saute the veggies until the mushroom is golden brown and onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken, and saute it until it is cooked and restores its color.
- Add chilli powder, dried oregano, cumin powder and cook it a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and combine the mixture in the bowl. You can deglaze the skillet using some cold water to retain the flavour. Add cheese to the mixture and set aside.
- Warm the tortillas in a skillet for 2 minutes, 1 minute on each side.
- Fill the tortillas with the veggie mixture and fold the tortillas. Use egg whites to seal the edges.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Before popping the tortillas in the oven, give them a very shallow fry for 2 minutes to make the top and bottom layer crispy.
- Pop them into the oven for 15 minutes and once done serve them with sour cream, guacomole and salsa (optional).
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food chicken chimichanga recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this site in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading, I hope My site becomes “the place to be” when it comes to chicken chimichanga cooking. Go on get cooking!